We needed house numbers. I was going to try and cut some out of leftover zinc sheet metal, and I may still, but I need to figure out a way to cut curves with tin snips. They aren't really... designed for that. I guess you could cut curves with them, but it increases the chances of an emergency room visit as far as I can tell. Great for straight lines, though. Anyway. I then moved to scribbling on slate. Natalie thought it was cute, so I moved on it. I may eventually mount a piece of slate to the wall, but for now having it hang like this is good enough. You'd be surprised how easily you can drill into slate using a carbide bit!
Living Room Light, before we bought the house, hanging in the living room with the dropped ceiling, termite eaten floor, and paneled walls. You'll notice it is both electric and gas. Harris rebuilt the light fixture, cleaned the hell out of it, and hung it in the entryway to the house. In the process he flipped the direction of the bulbs so it is now an uplight fixture.

Comments
Post a Comment